圆桌问题

[复制链接]

主题

帖子

积分

楼主
发表于 2005-4-18 07:09:33 | 显示全部楼层

One strategy

This strategy is obvious: everyone takes the average of his number and next number as his new number.

www.ddhw.com
To show that  this must work, consider  the sum of all |a(i)-a(j)|, where a(i) is the number that the i-th person has right now. It is easy to show that this sum is nonincreasing after one round's number changing. Thus there is a limit. Further discussion will conclude that the limit is zero.
To find the converge rate, we need to go further.

Probably there are some other strategies that are similar but work better.
 www.ddhw.com
If the players are allowed to have memory and they can change strategies round by round, then there should be better strategies. For example, one cheating strategy: for the first k rounds, the k-th person increases  his old number by the first guy's number,  the (k-1)-th person changes his number to zero, other guys take the next number.  Then after k rounds, the k-th person has the sum of all numbers, and others have zero. The next is to redistribute the sum.   This strategy need every one to know the value of k.

www.ddhw.com

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

沙发
发表于 2005-4-18 19:38:21 | 显示全部楼层

回复:回复:One strategy

能否证明在有限次内解决问题?
In general, my strategy won't stop in finite steps.  For example, if K is odd,   it never stops.  When will it stop? I guess we need to study binomials.www.ddhw.com

My strategy is just a quick answer. Maybe there are better ones.
www.ddhw.com

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

24小时热帖
    一周热门
      原创摄影
        美食美文
          您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|珍珠湾ART